Wednesday, September 21, 2011

my beloved.

dear Starbucks..

how do i love thee.. let me count the dollars.. ive spent on your coffees over the years.

you could say the extensive love affair began back in my college days. the hours of studying and homework in the afternoons before and between classes spent at the nearby starbucks. the morning ritual of obtaining the iced coffee i was almost immediately hooked on. and now i find myself asking.. where did it all go wrong?

sure, i still cannot seem to pull myself completely away from the drive thru window each day before work.. but there is definitely something different about my usual venti iced coffee with a shot and cream, that is causing me to desire it less and less..

ive found my beloved drink now leaves a definitively bitter after taste, reminiscent of day old coffee. ive tried to order extra cream to cover the bitter taste but it dosent quite do the trick. So, if you see me coming round less and less often, my dear, know that it is the bitterness with with you now taint your iced coffees and espresso shots.

are we perhaps streatching our coffees and shots thinner and hiking our prices to deal with a recession-esq economy. tisk tisk.. that is not a proper way to deal with an economy such as ours.. we LOWER the prices until demand rises back up, and then we can level off our prices. sounds like too many deep greedy pockets whom are attempting to keep profitable margins securely on the books - whilst sacrificing quality and taste and soon... their loyal customers such as myself.